Dear Geeq Community,
In preparation for the opening of the staking pools we offer this step-by-step guide to help you through our web-staking process.
- Download and install an Ethereum web3 compatible wallet, such as MetaMask. Metamask is the most popular so we will use this for the staking example.
- Add GEEQ to your MetaMask. This is the contract – 0x6B9f031D718dDed0d681c20cB754F97b3BB81b78 Decimals:18.
- Deposit GEEQ into your MetaMask (plus enough ETH to pay gas fees).
- Go to our staking website.
- Select the staking pool you wish to contribute to. If you are contributing to a Liquidity Pool, stake your Uniswap V2 LP tokens for Uniswap Trading Fees +% APY).
- Press “Stake” (when it opens).
- Authorize your MetaMask to be connected to the staking smart contract.
- After exploring the pool page, when you are ready to stake, press “Stake”.
- This will take you to a new page with 5 steps. First, read and understand the disclaimer and then, if you are happy, agree to the terms:
- Next, input the amount of GEEQ you wish to stake:
- Then confirm amount is correct and approve the allocation:
- Your web3 wallet, MetaMask in our example will pop up. Allow it to spend your GEEQ (i.e. send your GEEQ to the staking contract) and press “confirm”.
- IMPORTANT NOTE ON TRANSACTION FEES:
You may edit the Ethereum Network gas fee in MetaMask by pressing “edit” and choosing a custom gas fee.
Note that lower fees have slower transaction times.
- Next, confirm your staking transaction is accurate and press “submit”.
- MetaMask will pop up. Confirm your transaction in MetaMask, and remember to edit the gas fee if you wish to change the increase or decrease transaction speeds:
- Finally, wait until the transaction goes through (see countdown on the right corner of page), and after a few seconds your stake should be confirmed!
To understand critical concepts such as staking pools and early withdrawals, please refer to our Introduction to Web-Staking.
If you have further questions, please drop into our Telegram group chat where our wonderful GeeqOfficial admins will be glad to assist you.